The Train Depot at the historical village is the former passenger train depot for the Chicago and North Western railroad which was located on East Beacon Avenue. The depot was built in 1923, replacing the original station that dated from the 1870's. In 1905, eight passenger trains per day called at New London. Trains with names such as 'The Flambeau', 'The Twin Cities Express', and 'The Fox River Express' took travelers to cities such as Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, and Ashland.
The last passenger and mail trains came through New London in 1954. Freight trains continued to use the depot until 1982 when the railroad closed the agency. The depot stood empty for several years and was moved to its current location at the entrance to Memorial Park in 1987.
Inside the Depot - The village's C&NW depot contains displays of railroad artifacts and memorabilia of both the C&NW and Soo Line Railroads.